Help with Patterns - How do I obtain help on patterns?
The fastest way to obtain help with patterns is to e-mail your questions to email@example.com. E-mail questions are answered within a few hours.
I never received an e-mail for my pattern order
- You should receive an e-mail with a link to download your pattern(s) within a few minutes of finishing your order.
- If you DO NOT receive your e-mail, please check your Spam/Junk e-mail folder. Some e-mail programs will filter your Gingerbread Order e-mail into the Spam/Junk e-mail folder.
- If you do not see your Gingerbread Order e-mail, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and your Gingerbread Order e-mail will be resent.
Download Patterns - How do receive and download my pattern order?
- To order gingerbread house patterns simply fill your shopping cart.
- Click "Add to Cart" from the pattern page and that gingerbread pattern will be added to your shopping cart. You will then have the option to click "Continue Shopping" to add more patterns to your cart, or "Proceed to Checkout". When you are finished shopping, click "Proceed to Checkout".
- You will be prompted to log-in to PayPal (if you have an account), or simply click "Continue" if you do not have a PayPal account (you will then enter your credit card information). After you have checked-out (payment made), click the link labeled "Return to Ultimate Gingerbread".
- Within a few minutes you will receive an e-mail with a link to download your pattern. You will then be able to print the pattern, or save the pattern to your computer.
How do I OPEN or SAVE my patterns to my computer to print?
- After you click on the link to download a specific pattern from your download page, you will be prompted with the option to "Open File" or "Save File".
- Select "Open File" to open the file immediately.
- Select "Save File" to save the file to your computer. Just remember to save the file to a place on your computer hard-drive that you can locate again.
What if I don't click "Return to Ultimate Gingerbread"?
- If you close this page and do not click "Return to Ultimate Gingerbread", you will still receive an e-mail with a link to the download page.
- If you do no receive the e-mail, please check your spam or junk e-mail folder.
To VIEW downloaded Patterns (in Adobe Acrobat)
You MUST have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view the instructions and patterns (PDF files). Adobe Acrobat is a common program and is installed on most computers.
To PRINT downloaded patterns (in Adobe Acrobat)
To PRINT a pattern, select the desired gingerbread house instruction or pattern (as above). Adobe Acrobat will open a new browser window to display the pattern. Using the Adobe Acrobat menu bar (NOT THE BROWSER MENU BAR), click on the printer icon . The file will print to your windows default printer. The browser menu bar is the top menu bar, the Adobe Acrobat menu bar can be found below your browser menu bar. If you print using your Browser print icon, you will print "garbled garbage" (your browser is unable to read the Adobe Acrobat PDF file).
To Save downloaded Patterns (in Adobe Acrobat)
To SAVE instructions or patterns, select the desired gingerbread house file (as above). Adobe Acrobat will open a new browser window to display the pattern. Using the Adobe Acrobat menu bar (NOT THE BROWSER MENU BAR), click on the computer disk icon . The browser menu bar is the top menu bar, the Adobe Acrobat menu bar can be found below your browser menu bar. If you save using your Browser save icon, you will get "garbled garbage" when you try and open the file (your browser is unable to save the Adobe Acrobat PDF file).
How are the gingerbread house patterns made?
All gingerbread house patterns are hand-drawn. No computer assisted drawing program is used. House designs are selected based on ease and complexity of how the house will actually work as a gingerbread house. Houses are ultimately chosen based on overall design and architecture, and ability to be built out of gingerbread.
How are the gingerbread house patterns to be printed?
All gingerbread house patterns print on 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
How do I make the gingerbread house pattern smaller?Since all gingerbread house patterns print on 8 1/2" x 11" paper, BEFORE you cut-out the pattern pieces, simply take the pattern sheets to your local "copy-shop" and reduce on a copier to the desired size (example reduce 10%, 25%, etc).